Friday, August 8, 2008

What Debra misses most...

Ok...so I´m pretty sure that this contest was one of my worst ideas ever. Because rather than guesing correctly, most of you just made me realize all of the things I really do miss but hadn´t even thought about!

Anyway, only have a minute to blog so without further ado...here are the top 5 things Debra misses most:

1. TiVo/TV...if you didn´t get this one right, you either have never met me, have never talked to me or have recently had a bout with amnesia. Oh TiVo...I miss you so. Somehow my two channels (one of which only plays Spanish Telenovelas and the other, only Spanish game shows) just have not made the cut. I think the first time I hear that little boing sound of my TiVo, I may faint.

2. Coffee shops...somehow this trend has not caught on down here. I miss everything about my coffee shops. Sitting and reading in them, people watching in them...and perhaps most of all, the ridiculously, oversized cup of coffee they all serve in the US. Here, you get a real mug (who wants that?) that is about the size of a child´s play set. I think when I get home, I am going to carry around a large Caribou cup with a java jacket all day long just because I can.

3. Feeling pretty...so for the last 3.5 months, I have not warmed up a hair straightener, my fanciest shoes are flip-flops and I judge the cleanliness of my clothes by smelling them. THis is a far cry from the pretty darn fashionable, blown-out hair, high-heel wearing business woman of just one year ago. Don´t get me wrong, it is nice to just wear comfy clothes every day, but I do miss just feeling anywhere close to pretty. So while I carry my Caribou coffee cup all around town, expect to see me dressed up.

4. Walking around wihtout shoes in my house...actually, walking around without socks in my house...ok, fine...walking around completely naked in my house. Need I say more?

5. Having any say whatsoever in what I eat...So again, for any of you who know me at all know that I LOVE food...love it. Maybe even more than Tivo. And I´m also a "craver." Now I´m really not complaining. The food has been just fine...but I just miss being able to say, "You know what I´m really in the mood for?? (Fill in the blank)" And then going and getting it. Whether it´s Manny´s or McDonald´s, BBQ or Mac and Cheese...I have a lot of cravings to catch up on when I get back...

So there you have it. But like I said, thanks to all of you, I am now missing the State Fair, unlimited internet access, my iPhone...and, oh yeah...all of YOU!

So if you want to find me after I get home, just look for the naked girl with straightened hair, Tivo remote in one hand, Caribou cup in the other under a pile of take-out menus.

xoxo,
Debra

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Debra! Loved the game--somehow I missed it with the trip to Ireland. So...I thought of you as we watched the season finale of So you think you can dance last night..it was so good! Also, I would liek a point of clarification on the "high heel wearing" because the Debra I remembered always swore high heels were not for her... :)

Anonymous said...

Yea, I definitely knew Tivo was number one. You'll have some good reruns to watch when you get home. Miss you tons!!!!

Love,
Julie

Anonymous said...

T-2 days and counting..... Holy crap, I am so excited I can hardly type this right now! AAAhhhhh!

Now if only there was a way for me to smuggle two extra-large caribou coffees, a TV with Tivo, John Charles(hairdresser), and 4 Benihana Spicy Tuna Rolls in my suitcase we would be set!

Oh well, I guess you'll just have to settle for little 'ole me.

See you soon! XOXOXOXO
Rachel

Anonymous said...

D
If you had helpred me set up Mom's TIVO attachment that allows you to program and watch anything you want from your computer problem solved but noooo you were tooooo busy. The rest I can't help with other then to tell you to call often and come home on occassion. Hope all is well.
Miss you and Love Ya

DAD
P.S. Its slippery out!!!!

Kara Frank said...

Happy to know that my good ol Debra that I love will be back just as herself! You are pretty as you are, just maybe a little stinkier. Okay, enough of this little game you call traveling. Come home. Missing you a lot.